Amanda was born in Sault St. Marie, Michigan and was raised in Chisholm, MN. She received her AA degree from Hibbing Community College, her Bachelors Degree in Social Work at St. Cloud State University, and completed her Chemical Dependency Certificate from Mesabi Community and Technical College. Amanda has been working as a licensed chemical dependency counselor since 2004. When her 2nd child was born in 2010 she opened Mid-Range Chemical Dependency Services and has been the Owner/Clinical Supervisor and Chemical Dependency Counselor since. Amanda lives in the Hibbing area with her family.
- Motivational Interviewing certificate from MN DHS, in collaboration with Prairieland ATTC, Metropolitan State University, and Minneapolis CTC.
- Cognitive Behavioral Skills certificate from North Homes, Inc.
- Trauma-Informed Care certificate from Tearmann Trauma Informed Care
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment certificate from MN DHS, in collaboration with Prairieland ATTC, Metropolitan State University, and Minneapolis CTC.
- Gambling Counseling certificate from North American Training Institute
I was born and raised in Hibbing, MN. I received my AA Degree from Hibbing Community College in 2000, and my Bachelor of Science Degree from Bemidji State University in 2002. I worked with troubled youth for a few years, and then worked in Special Education for 13 years. After a lifetime of dealing with my own addiction issues, I decided to go on a new path in life and help others who share the same struggles as me. I received my Chemical Dependency Specialist Certificate from Mesabi Range College in 2019. In March 2020, I became a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor. I completed my internship here at Mid-Range Chemical Dependency Services, and now I am employed here full-time as a Chemical Dependency Counselor. I absolutely love my job and wish I would have made this career change years ago. I currently live in Chisholm with my husband, son, 3 dogs, and 16 chickens. I enjoy fishing, four-wheeling, snowmobiling, and camping in my leisure time.
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Ethics and Boundary Issues
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED, American Red Cross
- Integrating Religion and Spirituality into Counseling
- Ethics for Counselors
- Psychiatric Emergencies
- Trauma Informed Care
- Motivational Interviewing
- Dual Diagnosis